Please fill out and send to email@example.com before you join a class.
2020 Registration Form.docx
Microsoft Word document [19.2 KB]
Due to Covid-19, Hula Halau 'O Pi'ilani has moved all classes online via Zoom. We want to allow you to learn hula while keeping yourself safe and healthy at home.
Want to try the class? Please email Kumu Kanani at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
All Registration Fees and Try it Fees have been waed while classes are online.
Hālau Rules: Even though we are not IN the Halau, rules are still in place. Be sure hair is up and away from your face. Wear a clean and ironed Halau Tshirt (if you have one); stretch shorts or capris. Sign in to Zoom classes early and be ready to go when class time begins.
FEES: (payment can be made via Paypal, Venmo, Zelle, Credit/Debit or Check)
- Hula Class: $75/month
- $25/ea additional class to a regular Hula Class
- Kupuna: $50/month
- Group Inter/Adv Ukulele: $40/month
- Group Beginner Ukulele: $50/month
- Tuition is due ON or BEFORE the 1st of ech month. Late fee $10 if paid after 1st of month
Zoom Schedule: (see class details below)
- Monday - Beginner 6-7p
- Monday - Intermediate 7-8p
- Tuesday - Wahine Advanced 6-7:30p
- Wednesday - Makuahine Advanced 6-7:30p
- Thursday - Beginning Ukulele Group 6-7p
- Thursday -Interm Ukulele Group 7-8p
- Friday - Interm Le`ale`a (fun) class (Adults only) 2-3p
- Friday - Beginner Keiki I -- Boys & Girls (new to hula) 4-5p
- Saturday - Beginner Keiki II -- Boys & Girls -- 9a-10a knows most basics and basic dances
- Saturday - Interm Boys & Girls 10-11a
- Saturday - Adv Boys and Girls 11a- 12:30p
- Saturday - Kupuna - must know basics -- 1-2p
- Saturday - Ukulele Interm/Adv - must know how to play 2-3p
- Beginning Teens/Adults (Men & Women): (Ages 13+)
Focus on basic steps, posture, coordination of hand and feet movements. The class also includes language, modern/ancient hula.
- Adv Wahine/Men: (age 13+)
Must know basic steps. Focus on advanced levels of hula. Class is taught at a faster pace. The class also includes language, modern/ancient hula, Maori, and basic tahitian. Must have Interm hula and Kumu approval to enter into this class.
- Gracious Ladies (age 35+)
Must know basic steps. Focus on advanced levels of hula. Class is taught at a faster pace. The class also includes language, modern/ancient hula. Must have Interm Hula and Kumu approval to enter into this class.
- Beginner Ukulele Group Session (age 8+) 3 month Session
- Next Beginner Session to Open on January 7, 2021 - email Kumu at Hulapwr@gmail if you are interested in joining.
- Interm Ukulele Group Session beginning Oct 8, 2020 - January 7, 2021
Need: ukulele, tuner, music stand and binder for music sheets. Age 8 and up, and must be able to hold ukulele, play ukulele and follow instructions
- Beginning Keiki (boys & girls, ages 4-12) - Basic steps, coordination of hand/feed movements, implements, language, and basic tahitian
- Interm(boys & girls) Must know basic steps, class focuses on stronger basics, posture, at a medium pace. Includes modern/ancient hula, implements, language.
- Advanced (boys & girls) Must have full knowledge of basic steps, class is taught at a faster pace, includes language, modern/ancient hula, Maori, and tahitian.
- Kupuna (55+) Must know basic steps. Focus on posture, hand and foot movements. Class is taught at a medium pace. The class also includes language, modern/ancient hula. Must have Kumu approval to enter into this class.
- Saturday Group Ukulele - (must know strums and chords to join this group if not, please sign up for Beginner lessons). Come to class with your Ukulele tuned to save time.
Private Hula lessons are available by appt only ($100/hr)
- Please call or email Kumu Kanani at email@example.com for more information
Note: For the Beginning Keiki (Children) class, kids should be at least 4 years of
age and be able to distinguish between their right and left.
How to Find Us
Hula Halau 'O Pi'ilani
475 N. Wolfe Road
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Halau 2nd Location:
150 Leavesley Road
Gilroy, CA 95020
Kako'o: 'Ilima Beronilla