Want to try the class? Please call (408) 773-8133 or email Kumu at email@example.com and let us know you are coming and would like to try the class. The fee is $25.00/pp (cash, check, debit or credit) and will be applied toward the Registration Fee ($25) when you join the Hālau within a week of trying the class.
Hālau Rules: Do not walk on dance area with shoes. Remove your shoes when you enter in and put on shoe rack. Dress comfortably. All students: must have hair back in a ponytail or a bun, Halau tshirt and CLEAN & IRONED class pa'u must be worn to every class. Must greet Kumu when entering the Halau and when leaving.
FEES: (Try it Fee: $25.00, this will be applied to registration fee if you join within the week)
- Hula Class: $75/month + $25 Registration Fee (one time)
- Two+ classes a week = hula class fee + $25/ea additional class
- Kupuna: $50/month +$25 Registration Fee (one time)
- Group Inter/Adv Ukulele: $40/month + $25 Registration Fee (one time) Focus on music ensembles.
- Group Beginner Ukulele: $50/month (45 min) Includes basic chords, strums, basic traditional hawaiian music
- Uniform Tshirt ($20) and Uniform Pa’u ($40 child; $45/Adult) to be worn to each class. Pa’u is made in-house and payable direct to in-house seamstress
- Late fee $10 if paid after 1st of month for current month
- Beginning Teens/Adults (Men & Women): 6pm - 8pm (Ages 13+)
Focus on basic steps, posture, coordination of hand and feet movements. The class also includes language, modern/ancient hula.
- Adv Wahine/Men: 6:30pm - 8:30pm (age 13+)
Must know basic steps. Focus on advanced levels of hula. Class is taught at a faster pace. The class also includes language, modern/ancient hula, Maori, and basic tahitian. Must have Interm hula and Kumu approval to enter into this class.
- Gracious Ladies 6:30-8:30p (age 35+)
Must know basic steps. Focus on advanced levels of hula. Class is taught at a faster pace. The class also includes language, modern/ancient hula. Must have Interm Hula and Kumu approval to enter into this class.
- Intermediate Teens/Adults (Men & Women) 6:00-8:00p (ages 13+)
Must know basic steps. Focus on timing, posture and a deeper development of basics with attention to body positioning and gracefulness. Class includes learn to use implements, modern/ancient hula, maori, basic tahitian and language. Must have beginner hula and Kumu approval to enter into this class.
- Beginner Ukulele Group Session 8:00-8:45p (age 8+)
- Session to Open on October 3rd, 2019 - email Kumu at Hulapwr@gmail if you are interested in joining.
Need: ukulele, tuner, music stand and binder for music sheets. Age 8 and up, and must be able to hold ukulele, play ukulele and follow instructions
- Beginning Keiki (boys & girls, ages 4-12) 9am -10am - Basic steps, coordination of hand/feed movements, implements, language, and basic tahitian
- Interm(boys & girls) 10:00 - 11:00a Must know basic steps, class focuses on stronger basics, posture, at a medium pace. Includes modern/ancient hula, implements, language.
- Advanced (boys & girls) 11:00a - 12:30p Must have full knowledge of basic steps, class is taught at a faster pace, includes language, modern/ancient hula, Maori, and tahitian.
- Kupuna (55+) 1:00-2:00p Must know basic steps. Focus on posture, hand and foot movements. Class is taught at a medium pace. The class also includes language, modern/ancient hula. Must have Kumu approval to enter into this class.
- Saturday Group Ukulele 2:15-3:15p - (must know strums and chords to join this group if not, please sign up for Beginner lessons). Come to class with your Ukulele tuned to save time.
Private Hula lessons are available by appt only ($100/hr)
- Please call or email Kumu Kanani at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Note: For the Beginning Keiki (Children) class, kids should be at least 4 years of
age and be able to distinguish between their right and left.
How to Find Us
Hula Halau 'O Pi'ilani
475 N. Wolfe Road
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Halau 2nd Location:
150 Leavesley Road
Gilroy, CA 95020
Kako'o: 'Ilima Beronilla
Annual Crab Feed - March 7, 2020
SOLD OUT! Sorry, hope to see you next year!