Want to try the class? Please call (408) 773-8133 and let us know you are coming and would like to try the class. The fee is $25.00/pp (cash, check, debit or credit) and will be applied toward the Registration Fee ($25) when you join the Hālau within a week of trying the class.
Hālau Rules: Do not walk on dance area with shoes. Remove your shoes when you enter in and put on shoe rack. Dress comfortably. All students: must have hair back in a ponytail or a bun, Halau tshirt and CLEAN & IRONED class pa'u must be worn to every class.
FEES: (Try it Fee: $25.00, this will be applied to registration fee if you join within the week)
- Hula Class: $70/month + $25 Registration Fee (one time)
- Two classes a week = hula class fee + $25
- Kupuna: $50/month +$25 Registration Fee (one time)
- Group Ukulele: $40/month + $25 Registration Fee (one time)
- Private Ukulele (per month): $60/month/half hour sessions
- Uniform Tshirt ($20) and Uniform Pa’u ($40 child; $45/Adult) to be worn to each class. Pa’u is made in-house and payable direct to in-house seamstress
- Late fee $10 if paid after 1st of month for current month
- Beginning Teens/Adults (Men & Women): 6pm - 8pm
Focus on basic steps, posture, coordination of hand and feet movements. The class also includes language, modern/ancient hula, basic tahitian
- Interm/Adv WAhine/Men: 6:30pm - 8:30pm
Must know basic steps. Focus on advanced levels of hula. Class is taught at a faster pace. The class also includes language, modern/ancient hula, Maori, and basic tahitian. Must have Kumu approval to enter into this class.
- Gracious Ladies 6:30-8:30p
Must know basic steps. Focus on advanced levels of hula. Class is taught at a faster pace. The class also includes language, modern/ancient hula. Must have Kumu approval to enter into this class.
- Beginning Keiki (boys & girls, ages 4-12) 9am -10am - Basic steps, coordination of hand/feed movements, implements, language, and basic tahitian
- Interm/Adv (boys & girls) 10:30 - 12:00n Must know basic steps, class is taught at a faster pace, includes language, modern/ancient hula, Maori, and tahitian.
- Kupuna 1:00-2:00p Must know basic steps. Focus on posture, hand and foot movements. Class is taught at a medium pace. The class also includes language, modern/ancient hula. Must have Kumu approval to enter into this class.
- Saturday Group Ukulele 2:00-3:00p - (must know strums and chords to join this group if not, please set up a private lesson). Come to class with your Ukulele tuned to save time.
Private Ukulele (1/2 hour) by appt ($60/month - 2 months mininum)
- Need: ukulele, tuner, music stand and binder for music sheets
- (must have ukulele basics down before entering group session)
- Age 8 and up, and must be able to hold ukulele, play ukulele and follow instructions
Private Hula lessons are available by appt only ($100/hr)
- Please call or email Kumu Kanani at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Note: For the Beginning Keiki (Children) class, kids should be at least 4 years of
age and be able to distinguish between their right and left.
How to Find Us
Hula Halau 'O Pi'ilani
475 N. Wolfe Road
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Halau 2nd Location:
150 Leavesley Road
Gilroy, CA 95020
Director/Alaka'i: 'Ilima Beronilla
Halau 3rd Location:
Kumu: Brad Kaiwi Lum
Ukulele Jams Ukulele Festival
Saturday, June 10th, 2017
Mountain View High School
See you there!
Sunday, August 6, 2017
San Mateo Fairgrounds