Please fill out and send to email@example.com before you join a class.
2023 Registration Form.doc
Microsoft Word document [38.5 KB]
Please fill out and send to firstname.lastname@example.org before you join an in-person class or bring with you to first class.
Halau Corona Virus Consent Form 2023.doc[...]
Microsoft Word document [25.2 KB]
Hula Halau 'O Pi'ilani is now offering both In-Person and Zoom classes. Let us know which way is best for you to begin or continue your Hula.
Want to try the class? Please email Kumu Kanani at email@example.com for more information.
TRY IT FEE is $25.00 payable via:
Paypal (firstname.lastname@example.org - send via Friends/Family so I do not get charged a fee)
Cash or Check made payable to Hula Halau `O Pi`ilani.
Hālau Rules: Be sure hair is up and away from your face. Wear a clean and ironed Halau Tshirt (if you have one); stretch shorts or capris. Come in and stretch before class begins or sign in to Zoom classes early and be ready to go when class time begins. No shoes to be worn on dance area.
FEES: (payment can be made via Paypal, Venmo, Zelle, Cash or Check)
- Hula Class: $75/month
- $25/ea additional class to a regular Hula Class
- Kupuna: $50/month
- Group Inter/Adv Ukulele: $40/month
- Group Beginner Ukulele: $50/month
- Tuition is due ON or BEFORE the 1st of ech month. Late fee $10 if paid after 1st of month
In-Person & Zoom Schedule for Sunnyvale & Gilroy:
- Monday - Beginner Adult 6-7p
- Monday - Intermediate Adult 7-8p
- Tuesday - Wahine Advanced 6-7:30p
- Wednesday - Gracious Ladies/Makuahine Interm/Advanced 6-7:30p
- Saturday - Keiki Beginner -- Boys & Girls -- 9a-10a
- Saturday - Interm Boys & Girls 10-11a (must know basics)
- Saturday - Adv Boys and Girls (competing team) 11a- 12:30p
- Saturday - Interm/Adv Kupuna - must know basics -- 1-2p
- Saturday - Ukulele Interm/Adv - must know how to play 2-3p. This class is closed and will begin again in September 2023
- Beginning Teens/Adults (Men & Women): (Ages 13+)
Focus on basic steps, posture, coordination of hand and feet movements. The class also includes language, modern/ancient hula.
- Intermediate Teens/Adults (Men & Women): (Ages 13+)
Focus on next level basic steps, posture, coordination of hand and feet movements. The class also includes language, modern/ancient hula, implements
- Adv Wahine/Men: (age 13+)
Focus on advanced levels of hula. Class is taught at a faster pace. Students are groomed for competition. The class also includes language, modern/ancient hula, Maori, and basic tahitian. Must have Interm hula and Kumu approval to enter into this class.
- Gracious Ladies Sunnyvale Location (age 35+)
Must know basic steps. Focus on advanced levels of hula. Class is taught at a faster pace. Students are groomed for competition. The class also includes language, modern/ancient hula. Must have Interm Hula and Kumu approval to enter into this class.
- Beginning Keiki (boys & girls, ages 4-12) - Basic steps, coordination of hand/feed movements, implements, language, and basic tahitian
- Interm (boys & girls) Must know basic steps, class focuses on stronger basics, posture, at a medium pace. Includes modern/ancient hula, implements, language. Students begin grooming for competition.
- Advanced (boys & girls) Must have full knowledge of basic steps, class is taught at a faster pace, includes language, modern/ancient hula, Maori, and tahitian. Students are groomed for competition.
- Kupuna (55+) Must know basic steps. Focus on posture, hand and foot movements. Class is taught at a medium pace. The class also includes language, modern/ancient hula. Must have Kumu approval to enter into this class. Students are groomed for competition.
- Saturday Group Ukulele - (must know strums and chords to join this group if not, please sign up for Beginner lessons). Come to class with your Ukulele tuned to save time.
Private Hula lessons are available by appt only ($100/hr)
Private Ukulele Lessons are available by appt only (3 months Session - $60/month) 10 yrs+
- \Please call or email Kumu Kanani at email@example.com for more information
Note: For the Beginning Keiki (Children) class, kids should be at least 4 years of
age and be able to distinguish between their right and left.
How to Find Us
Hula Halau 'O Pi'ilani
475 N. Wolfe Road
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Halau 2nd Location:
1321 First Street
Gilroy, CA 95020
Kako'o: 'Ilima Beronilla
George Na`ope Hula Festival
Holiday Inn, J Street, Sacramento
July 14-16, 2023
We will be competing with other Bay Area Halau and Hawaii, come and support us!
ZOOM CLASSES ONLINE:
Email Kumu at Hulapwr@gmail.com for the link and password!